- Tweak HCL Connections Newsletter v2
- Repair Administration Console of Connections 7 for Chromium-based Browsers
- Upload Files via IBM HTTPServer (mod_ibm_upload) to HCL Connections
- HCL Connections Newsletter v2 and Join Community requests
- Show Community Create Button only to users with role "community-creator"
- Makefile to process all Asciidoctor files in a directory
- Update on the Touchpoint workaround (Updated)
- Linkdump Week 44 / 2020
- Linkdump Week 42 / 2020
- Linkdump Week 41 / 2020
The newsletter in version 2 format has one big disadvantage, we or our users lost the easy links to the topic, user or application. Newsletter V1 When we look at the same information in Newsletter version 2, we can’t open the profile or the main blog/application, just the post is linked on the "Open" link. The links are stored in the homepage database and are stripped away during the generation of the newsletter/notification message. /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/Dmgr01/config/cells/CellName/LotusConnections-config/notifications_v2/resources/commonUtil.ftl ... # From line 391 <#-- Convert html fragment structures to text # Strip all tags but preserve html entities # Structural tags converted to white space to maintain word separation # Link URL's are discarded # --> <#function convertHtmlStructuresToText html> <#if html?
Since IBM Connections 6.0CR4 we can use a new newsletter format which needs still (now with HCL Connections 7) be activated separately in LotusConnections-config/notification-config.xml. Today some users asked how they can add other users to their private communities (visible in Community catalog) without manually adding them. As we investigated the question I had a look at the old notification format. So there a community owner got following e-mail when a user requested to join: So he could directly add the requesting user to the community. Now we switched to the new v2 format and the mail looks like this: