- Tweak HCL Connections Newsletter v2
- Repair Administration Console of Connections 7 for Chromium-based Browsers
- Upload Files via IBM HTTPServer (mod_ibm_upload) to HCL Connections
- HCL Connections Newsletter v2 and Join Community requests
- Show Community Create Button only to users with role "community-creator"
- Makefile to process all Asciidoctor files in a directory
- Update on the Touchpoint workaround (Updated)
- Linkdump Week 44 / 2020
- Linkdump Week 42 / 2020
- Linkdump Week 41 / 2020
Today I activated Elasticsearch Metrics and Typeahead Search on my demo HCL Connections cluster. To my surprise the indices weren’t created and I got errors on the wsadmin.sh commands. SearchService.createESQuickResultsIndex() I checked the Elasticsearch pods which showed a running state, but the logs showed following messages: [es-master-c9cc5d877-trwsd es-master] [2020-10-08T12:11:13,708][WARN ][o.e.c.r.a.DiskThresholdMonitor] \ [es-master-c9cc5d877-trwsd] high disk watermark [90%] exceeded on [sqwY58MtRa2MoPkHr1o70Q][es-data-2][/data/data/nodes/0] \ free: 2.7gb[5.4%], shards will be relocated away from this node So even with 2.7GB free space it does not generate the needed shards and indices. This is default behavior of Elasticsearch, but can be changed:
With IBM Connections 6 you can deploy the additional component Orient Me, which provides the first microservices which will build the new IBM Connections pink. Orient Me is installed on top of IBM Spectrum Conductor for Containers (CFC) a new product to help with clustering and orchestrating of the Docker containers. Klaus Bild showed in a blog post some weeks ago how to add a container with Kibana to use the deployed Elasticsearch for visualizing the environment. I found two issues with the deployed Elasticsearch container, but let me explain from the beginning. On Monday I checked my demo server and the disk was full, so I searched a little bit and found that Elasticsearch is using around 50GB of disk space for the indices.
I often get SystemOut.log files from customers or friends to help them analyzing a problem. Often it is complicated to find the right server and application which generates the real error, because most WebSphere Applications (like IBM Connections or Sametime) are installed on different Application Servers and Nodes. So you need to open multiple large files in your editor, scroll each to the needed timestamps and check the lines before for possible error messages. Klaus Bild showed on several conferences and in his blog the functionality of ELK, so I thought about using ELK too. I started to build a virtual machine with ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana) and imported my local logs and logs i got mailed.