I read an open APAR on IBM Connections today (login required!): LO73245 Description: TDI’s sync_all_users.sh doesn’t allow us to import departmentNumbers longer than 16 chars, although the database schema supports values up to 24 chars. And as local solution: worked around the issue with creating a custom field I had a very similar problem with validation of LDAP Search filter (which is saved in employee-table too) and searched longer to solve this (I set sync_store_source_url=false), but the real error was like here in validate_dbrepos_fields.properties. When you open validate_dbrepos_fields.properties (in your tdisol directory) you found following:

Read more

On one of my IBM Connections Site i had a problem with directory search (better the typeahead search). When we searched single characters no business cards are displayed. I use Firebug for Chrome here and you see, that the search gets an result back from Connections, but no business cards are displayed. When i open this get statement i get a list of profile documents in JSON format: In this case i a got a list of about 20 User profiles. When i search a little bit more detailed i get an error of a Javascript, which should interpret the JSON list.

Read more

Today i made a new assembly line in Tivoli Directory Integrator. I iterate Shortname and Filename (with path) of a jpeg-photo in a csv-file. A java class converts this pic to an jpeg binary (class returns this binary array) and then tdi write this value to domino ldap in jpegphoto attribute. Works great, only the csv-file is a little bit of work, but it is a great way to add lots of pictures to sametime profiles. Next step is to include an connector to Lotus Connections profiles.

Read more

To automate the sync_all_dns.bat on my IBM Lotus Connections Servers, i made a scheduled task for the Tivoli Directory Integrator (TDI) script. This works fine on Windows 2003. Today i discovered that my scheduled task on Windows 2008 wasn’t running since i switched the operating system to Microsoft Windows 2008. After a search i found that i need to set a optional parameter, then it works: To start bat- or cmd-files, you have to insert the path to this script in “Start in (Optional)”. When i start the script without “Start in” the scheduler gives a “SUCCESS” Status, but nothing happens!

Read more