IBM released a tech document on friday with title: Search fails with the error CLFRW0060E: Input-output exception. This document solves one of my problems i had in a demo environment since two weeks. I traced the environment, checked j2ee roles, reinstalled CR3 and 4, redeployed search and activities, but i always got an error, when the search wants to access the activities seed list. So what happened? I want to show the /search/serverStatus page in a course and for this i want to remove all warnings and errors. When you don’t set SEARCH_SEEDLIST_TIMEOUT, you get a warning, that the variable is not set.

Read more

On one of my IBM Connections Site i had a problem with directory search (better the typeahead search). When we searched single characters no business cards are displayed. I use Firebug for Chrome here and you see, that the search gets an result back from Connections, but no business cards are displayed. When i open this get statement i get a list of profile documents in JSON format: In this case i a got a list of about 20 User profiles. When i search a little bit more detailed i get an error of a Javascript, which should interpret the JSON list.

Read more